Birthdate: January 1, 1987
Hometown: West Bloomfield, MI
Hobbies: reading, traveling
* Meryl started skating at the age of 5 because she lives just off a lake and wanted to be able to skate on it in the winter.
* Continuing her education is very important. She graduated from high school in June 2005 and is now a student at the University of Michigan. Her course of study is cultural anthropology.
Color: blue and pink
Animal: Horses and dogs.
School subject: French and English
Food: peanut butter and chicken Caesar salads (not together)
Books: fiction and fantasy
Type of Music: I like all kinds of music, it depends on my mood!
Skaters: Tanith and Ben, and Sasha Cohen
Sport: I like playing volleyball at the beach and skiing (both water and snow). I also just got into watching basketball.
Sports team: Detroit Pistons
Did you know? Meryl received the Phi Beta Kappa award at her high school graduation and was also a member of the National Honor Society.
Birthdate: October 24, 1987
Hometown: Bloomfield Hills, MI
Hobbies: Hockey, reading, video games, playing the violin
* Charlie started skating at age 3 because his parents wanted him to be able to skate with his friends when he got older.
* He attends the University of Michigan.
* He also has a passion for hockey and played on a State Championship winning team. In late fall 2004, he broke his ankle playing hockey, which forced Meryl and him to withdraw from the 2005 U.S. National Figure Skating Championships in Portland, Oregon.
Dance Element: Twizzles
Animal: all animals
Food: Sushi, pizza, crab legs
Book: The Amber Chronicles, The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy
Magazine: Sports Illustrated
Type of Music: alternative
Musicians: Red Hot Chili Peppers, Third Eye Blind, Jack Johnson, Kanye West
TV Show: The Daily Show, The Colbert Report, Family Guy
Actor/Actress: Owen Wilson
Movie: Wedding Crashers, Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Skaters: Todd Eldredge and Trevor Young
Sports team: Detroit Red Wings
Quote: “Being perfect is not about that scoreboard out there. It’s not about winning. It’s about you and your relationship with yourself, your family and your friends. Being perfect is about being able to look your friends in the eye and know that you didn’t let them down because you told them the truth. And that truth is you did everything you could. There wasn’t one more thing you could’ve done. Can you live in that moment as best you can, with clear eyes, and love and joy in your heart? If you can do that gentleman – you’re perfect…”
~Friday Night Lights (the movie)
Did you know? Charlie also competed as a singles skater with his final event being the 2006 US National Championships where he finished 9th. He won the bronze medal at the 2004 US National Championships at the novice level.